Do you have the need to setup Google Analytics for multiple domains? As a Domain Investor, I wanted the ability to see more about the user traffic that goes to my for-sale landing pages of the domains I own under one account. With a bit of research, I was able to walk through these 12 easy steps below in about 5 minutes. I leverage Efty to manage your domain portfolio, and also use the service to display landing pages to my domain names I have listed for sale. Regardless of your configuration, you will be able to view multiple domains on one Google Analytics account (and accompanying charts) – but I am including the last step to complete configuration through the Efty interface.
ten steps to setting up multiple domains on a single google analytics account
- Go to Google Analytics and login with your gmail account. If you don’t have a gmail account, you can easily create a new one for free. It can be any email account you use and is not visible to the public.
2. Go to “settings” by clicking the gear in the left corner on the Google Analytics page.
3. under “account” select the blue button “create account”. This will open up a new area, shown below.
4. Website is selected by default. Add an account name and website name . For website URL I used mylandingpages.com – I don’t think it matters what you put here.
5. select a category. I selected Other.
6. select your local time zone.
7. scroll down and select Get Tracking ID.
8. You have to accept Google’s Term of Service next. If you accept these terms, check both boxes and select accept.
9. After you accept Google’s Terms of Service, it will display your google tracking ID. I obfuscated mine, shown below.
10. Select your google tracking ID and copy it.
two steps to setting up google analytics to work with your efty.com for-sale-landing-pages
1. login to your Efty.com account and go to Settings, then select For-Sale Landing Pages. Paste your Google Tracking ID into the field provided.
2. Scroll down and select save.
view your results
You can now view Google Analytics for Multiple Domains on your Google Analytics page by going to Behavior>>SiteContent>>AllPages, then select Behavior>>Hostname under
secondary dimension, as shown below:
Thanks for reading this short tutorial about setting up Google Analytics on Multiple Domains. For further reading about domain investing, you can view my article on Preventing Domain Name Theft and 14 Things You Must Know Before You Buy A Domain Name. If you received some added value from my post, please like and follow on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, or subscribe to jasonofflorida.com.